Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Game Day Style

This past Saturday I attended my first football game of the season to watch UNC beat East Carolina, which was a much needed win for my Tar Heels! I wore one of my favorite outfits for a game day in Chapel Hill: my Lilly Pulitzer Balletta dress in Skye Blue Exbloomsion (from the Resort 2010 collection.) It is hard to find dresses that are a perfect match for Carolina blue but the colors in this print are close enough. I actually saw someone else at the game wearing this print in a shift dress.
I accessorized with a pearl necklace, my Kate Spade metropolitan pearl studs, vintage Ray-Bans with Lilly croakies, and a UNC face tattoo.
Better view of my face tattoo. This tattoo is actually a sticker-you don't need any water to apply and it peels right off at the end of the day.

Cute and comfortable shoes are a must for game day. I wore my silver Jack Rogers since they are the most broken-in of my Jacks and I prefer them if I know I'm going to be doing a bit of walking. Jacks are definitely my favorite shoes to complete a warm-weather game day ensemble. I would love to one day own a pair of these Carolina blue Jacks from their College Colors Collection:
Cowgirl boots are my other favorite shoe option for game day, but on a September afternoon in the 80s it was just a little too hot for them. 

I have two great purse options for game day-a Longchamp Le Pliage that is super close to Carolina blue and my Vineyard Vines classic UNC tote. This past Saturday I carried my Longchamp.
Longchamp Le Pliage
Vineyard Vines Classic Tote

I also had very spirited nails for game day thanks to Revlon making a polish that is pretty much an exact match to Carolina blue. It is #410 and is called "Dreamer." It doesn't apply as smoothly as my OPI polishes but it is still a great option for game day.

So that completes my outfit for this past game day. I will do another post that features one of my favorite game day outfits for when the weather gets cooler. 
Go Heels!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment