Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Favorites

It's that time again-here are this week's Friday Favorites! Hope y'all have had a wonderful first week of June!
Shift Dress:
Lilly Pulitzer Dolly Dress Novelty Lace in Lemon Sorbet. This (from Spring 2011 collection) is one of my favorite Lilly dresses and I was lucky to grab it when it was on sale at the end of last summer. Whenever I wear this dress, I think of myself as a Lilly-fied Belle from "Beauty and the Beast." In addition to the gorgeous yellow color, I love the lace applique detail of this dress.

Camera Case:
Lilly Pulitzer Camera Case in Scarlet Begonias. I love to document my life in pictures and take my camera everywhere, so a cute compact camera case is essential. This Lilly case is perfect and the detachable wrist strap is a nice feature. And it's only $15!

Handbag:
Longchamp Le Pliage large tote. I carry a Longchamp Le Pliage of some sort as my purse at least 90% of the time. The large one can hold a lot of things without weighing you down, since the purse itself is lightweight and not bulky. If you live near a Saks Off Fifth outlet, be on the lookout for Longchamp Le Pliage bags-they frequently have discontinued colors at a reduced price!

Printed Top:
Lilly Pulitzer Cassie Top in Starry Blue Drama Queen. This three-quarter sleeve Lilly top from the Fall 2011 collection is one of the most versatile pieces in my closet because I can wear it year-round. It works with skinny jeans and cowgirl boots in the fall/winter and with shorts or white skinny jeans and Jack Rogers in the spring/summer. I love the cotton slub texture too!

Food:
Trader Joe's turkey corn dogs. I have been a fan of Trader Joe's frozen foods for awhile, and I recently tried out these turkey corn dogs. They are so delicious and one dog has just 150 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. With a side of oven-baked fries and a green salad, they make a reasonably healthy meal, one of my new faves.

Book:
Winning Balance by Shawn Johnson. I was never a gymnast, but have always loved watching gymnastics, especially in the Olympics. When Shawn Johnson, member of the 2008 USA Women's Gymnastics team, released her memoir this past Tuesday I had to read it ASAP. I just finished it today, and was not disappointed. I really enjoyed learning more about her start in gymnastics and training leading up to the Olympics, as well as her account of her experience at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I especially loved that she openly talked about her faith throughout the book, and the importance it has played in the various stages of her life. I highly recommend reading it and adding to to your personal library!

Have a great weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment